Monday, November 12, 2012

Project 3 -- Sonic Sketch

My second location i've decided will be my apartment. I feel there are a variety of sounds that I can work with and I plan on manipulating panning a lot so that I can really give a sense of where you are as you are moving through the space. The variety of sounds include: the door opening and closing, me cooking, the refridgerator, the space heater, the humidifier, and the toilet whining while filling up, to name a few. 

As for the transportation from point A to point B, it will start with the slamming of the back door, shutting out all other sound from location A. You'll hear walking up the stairs with some jangling keys panned left, until you reach the top, where you hear the keys unlock the top door. Once you walk inside the apartment, the sound of cooking in the middle ground and the refridgerator hum in the foreground will fill your ears. The door closes behind you and you proceed to the living room, where the space heater (foreground) and humidifier (middle ground) are chugging away. After a while of sitting in the living room, you hear the sound of the toilet flush in the background. You then hear the whine of the toilet refilling the toilet water tank. I think i might end it with the listener sitting in my office chair and the sound of typing.

With location A staying fairly similiar to the way it was for project 2, i want this project to illustrate the contrast between the noise of indoor life and the beautiful sounds of the outdoors. To remind people to spend time outside once in a while. To not miss out on the wonderful world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment